MWD system called ‘Target’
PetroTool has developed and manufactured MWD system called ‘Target’. It is designed for real-time control of drilling direction parameters of directional and horizontal wells using electromagnetic (EM) link and for formation gamma-ray shooting. Directional Drilling Branch also has following MWD tools with hydraulic link : «PDT» (Pulse Directional Technologies, Canada) and «SureShot» (APS Technology Inc., USA).
The company develops Near Bit ‘Target’ sub and resistivity meter. Also works on MWD tool with electromagnetic (em) and mud-pulse (mp) link association in one tool that will significantly increase the scope of the ‘Target' system.
‘Target’ MWD tool measuring parameters:
• Inclination angle;
• Tool face position;
• Azimuth angle;
• Generator RPM;
• Formation gamma-ray radiation;
• Downhole shock levels.
‘Target’ MWD tool features:
• Drilling with BHA rotation is allowed;
• Titanium generator design is available (500 hours turnaround time);
• ‘Target MWD’ software provided (with ability to store data in .las, .csv, gamma-ray logging in .pdf, through WITS data transmission);
• Gravitational and magnetic axis raw values real-time issuing available;
• On bottom frequency change available.
|Measurement range, degree:|
|Inclination angle||0 - 180|
|Azimuth angle||0 - 360|
|Tool face position||0 - 360|
|Measurement accuracy, degree:|
|Tool face position||+2,0/-2,0|
|Max operational temperature, С||120|
|Max operational hydrostatic pressure, psi||8700|
|Max allowed BHA RPM||70|
|Minimum flowrate, GPM||95.1|
|Suitable for NMDC OD, in||4...9|