Directional Drilling Branch of PetroTool LLC is the new dynamically developing division providing directional drilling services in drilling directional and lateral wells using own design MWD tool called ‘Target’
PetroTool has developed and manufactured MWD system called ‘Target’. It is designed for real-time control of drilling direction parameters of directional and horizontal wells using electromagnetic (EM) link and for formation gamma-ray shooting. Directional Drilling Branch also has following MWD tools with hydraulic link : «PDT» (Pulse Directional Technologies, Canada) and «SureShot» (APS Technology Inc., USA).
The company develops Near Bit ‘Target’ sub and resistivity meter. Also works on MWD tool with electromagnetic (em) and mud-pulse (mp) link association in one tool that will significantly increase the scope of the ‘Target' system.
‘Target’ MWD tool measuring parameters:
• inclination angle;
• tool face position;
• azimuth angle;
• generator RPM;
• formation gamma-ray radiation;
• downhole shock levels.
‘Target’ MWD tool features:
• Drilling with BHA rotation is allowed;
• Titanium generator design is available (500 hours turnaround time);
• ‘Target MWD’ software provided (with ability to store data in .las, .csv, gamma-ray logging in .pdf, through WITS data transmission);
• Gravitational and magnetic axis raw values real-time issuing available;
• On bottom frequency change available.
|Measurement range, degree:|
|Inclination angle||0 - 180|
|Azimuth angle||0 - 360|
|Tool face position||0 - 360|
|Measurement accuracy, degree:|
|Tool face position||+2,0/-2,0|
|Max operational temperature, С||120|
|Max operational hydrostatic pressure, psi||8700|
|Max allowed BHA RPM|
|Minimum flowrate, GPM||95.1|
|Suitable for NMDC OD, in||4...9|