In addition to conventional drilling services PetroTool offers sidetracking. For casing cutting own design patented whipstock system called ‘AzTec’ is offered. It consists of hydraulic anchor, wedge-deflector and successful mill design.
Advantages of ‘AzTec’ whipstock:
- One trip operation without landing on bottom hole or cementing. Anchor, Wedge-deflector & mills connected on rig site and tripped, set at required depth and direction, cut casing and/or drill formation in 1 run.
- Double Mill can cut all casing types and more than one casing in one run. Mill cutting structure in armed with durable tungsten carbide blades baked in vacuum oven above 600 ОC. Thus allowing to cut the casing without losing mill OD. Any thread for connecting to drill pipes can be made.
- Anchor designed to be set in casing or open hole without landing on bottom hole or cementing. It can hold axial load of more than 50 tons or 110k lbs. Hydraulic pressure required for anchor setting is 1500 psi and can be achieved by drilling pumps.
- Wedge-deflector comes with preset deflection angle of 1,5…2,5 degrees depending on required in dogleg severity. It can be set at any inclination angle without shutting the ‘window’ and any direction of drilling.
Whipstock comes with all support equipment:
- casing scraper,
- elevator for hanging an anchor,
- floating sub for back flow while tripping,
- orientation sub for orienting the wedge-deflector in desired direction.
- on request anchor packer for isolation of previous borehole is offered.
|Equipment type||Casing OD, in||Tool max OD, mm||Double Mill OD, mm||Overall length, f||Drill bit max OD, in|
|AzTec-146||5 3/4||118||124…128||21,33||4 7/8|
|AzTec-168||6 5/8||137||143…148||22,97||5 5/8|
|AzTec-194||7 5/8||160||168||27,56||6 3/4|
|AzTec-219||8 5/8||180||194||27,62||7 1/2|
|AzTec-245||9 5/8||200||216…223||27,62||8 3/4|